Where are we located?
Having an office in the heart of Hillcrest has its perks: walk to local coffee shops and breweries, collaborate with teammates over some of the best spring rolls in San Diego, or take a stroll in Balboa Park! Note: Our team is currently working remotely in accordance with local guidelines.
What does it mean to be a successful Assistant Producer, Live Streams?
CovalentCreative works with some of the leading global organizations in healthcare. Through the CovalentEvents division, we provide virtual event services that let organizations reach eyecare professionals in order to generate new sales, build brand equity, and remain top-of-mind for key accounts. Our virtual events department is growing—fast—and we are looking for an independent, efficient, and highly motivated Assistant Producer, Live Streams to help us produce live virtual events and make our clients’ vision a reality. This individual must be able to keep a cool head under pressure and will be instrumental in helping us make our mark in this rapidly-expanding industry.
What are the core job duties?
Live stream production
- Manage the live streaming of virtual tradeshows and conferences for roughly 1-4 full-scale events per month.
- Set up and run the live stream software to effectively stream virtual events.
- Prepare video stream protocols and stream software connection points.
- Lead freelance on and off-site technicians as needed, acting as the control room producer and show director.
- Supervise or execute post-event archiving, hosting, and/or deliverables.
Pre and post-production
- Spearhead the pre-production of events, working with our remote videographer to design and orchestrate live presentations, including setting up transitions.
- Collaborate with the Client Services Team to develop run of show documents.
- Patiently train doctor and executive-level key opinion leaders on video best practices, ensuring they are clear on A/V needs and how they can optimize their live presentation.
- Work with KOLs to pre-record content that will not be streamed live.
- Spearhead thorough rehearsals and dry runs of the run of shows prior to the event.
- Create graphics and assets for live event production (e.g., lower thirds, transitions).
- Collaborate with our marketing and client services teams to produce video content for client campaigns as needed.
Who will you get to work with?
We’ve got a team of 20+ go-getters here at Covalent. You will report directly to our VP of Events, but will also closely interface with our CEO, COO, CTO, and Client Services team. You will also get to work closely with tons of optometrists and ophthalmologists and your clients: representing some of the nation’s largest healthcare companies.
- 3+ years of experience producing, directing, and/or switching live broadcasts via Wirecast Pro, vMix, Live Stream Studio 6, Twitch, OBS, Xsplit, and/or another live video streaming production platform(s)
- Excellent communication skills and a love of coaching/working with people
- Proficiency in basic videography techniques
- Experience with live or virtual events
- Occasional weekend availability to run shows
Top candidates will also have . . .
- A background or experience in eyecare or healthcare
- Experience interfacing with clients at large corporations
- Experience interfacing with marketing, content, and product specialists
Like what you’ve read so far?
The greatest benefit we offer is the freedom to define your role, and the ability to make key decisions that have a direct impact on the success of the company.
We expect everyone here to work incredibly hard, and we reward people for results. If you've achieved your goals early, then you can go bigger, or take the time to enjoy some of the sweet perks of working here like:
- Generous paid time off and flex-days
- Endless drinks and snacks in the office
- Fully-covered annual team trips
- Team happy hours to celebrate small wins
- Company-wide parties to celebrate big wins
- Audible.com or Kindle membership
- Meetings around Hillcrest and Balboa park
Plus you can expect some pretty great benefits like:
- Health Insurance
- VTO days
- Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Volunteering Time Off
- Standing desks (or sitting desks, if you prefer)