We’re hiring a contractor to handle the CovalentCareers | Occupational Therapy social media accounts. Key duties include:
- Post unique, creative content on Instagram (4x/week) that is completely independent of our CovalentCareers Resources blog posts.
- Promptly respond to follower comments and DMs.
- Interact with other companies and players on social media platforms by sharing, commenting, liking and interacting with their content in a way that helps build the CovalentCareers brand.
- Schedule and manage takeovers with other influencers on Instagram stories and/or the feed.
- Organize giveaways, Q&A sessions, and other interactive Instagram posts.
- Understand and develop ways to use Facebook Groups to share our posts.
- Maintain a friendly, open, and engaging tone throughout all channels.
- Work with our graphic design team to release compelling graphics for your posts.
- Don't be afraid to get your personal name out there as part of our team!
Who are we?
We are one of California’s fastest growing technology companies in the healthcare staffing and career development space, located right in the heart of San Diego.
Our user base consists of healthcare professionals and healthcare employers across the U.S. and is fueled by a suite of online media publications tailored specifically to new graduates in allied health fields.
We own and operate newgradoptometry.com and also own the NewGradPhysicalTherapy, NewGradOccupationalTherapy and NewGradSpeechTherapy brands.
What does it mean to be a successful Associate Director of Social Media at CovalentCareers?
To be successful means to strive for excellence and to be proactive. Someone who tries new creative ideas, falls, and gets back up again. Our marketing department is busy and to be successful you must be accountable for all things social media and to raise the bar for what's possible. It means keeping your manager (your publication director) at ease each day because they know you're following up on comments and DMs and creating new posts that our audience of OTs and OTAs love.
What are the top 3 must-have qualities for our Associate Social Media Director?
- You think visually. Since our core focus is on Instagram, it's important that you think visually and understand why some posts would do great and others not so great, even if there is a slight change.
- You're flexible. Since this is a contract position, you'll have times of being busy and times not so busy, yet regardless, you need to be active. If someone comments or DMs us, we'd like to respond very quickly. Also, sometimes we release content campaigns with short notice, so it's important you're around.
- You're capable of establishing great written rapport. Writing comments on other people's posts and writing great captions isn't easy! You should have the skills to build friendly rapport and understand how to be unique in your written communication.
- Be an occupational therapy student, occupational therapy assistant, or occupational therapist
- Be slightly obsessed with the the business and technology behind social media
- Have a minimum of 3 years experience using Instagram