What will you be doing?
The Associate Editor will be responsible for working with our Managing Editor to create the content that powers EyesOnEyecare.com. You’ll do this by:
- Writing and editing clinical articles, news pieces, narratives, and more to fulfill internal publication goals and support client projects.
- Conducting interviews with doctors and key opinion leaders in the eyecare industry and crafting articles from those discussions.
- Working directly with agency clients to create and edit content while adhering to healthcare and pharmaceutical MLR, legal, and copy clearance guidelines.
- Working with our design team to create infographics and reports.
We’re looking for someone who can live and breathe eyecare-related content, so you’ll also be:
- Staying up to date with eyecare industry news, trends and timely topics and using this information to create the best possible content.
- Performing research to verify proper use of medical and technical terms, drug names, and clinical procedures.
What are we looking for?
You’re a super-polished editor with superior writing and editing skills — and you love writing and editing for digital media. You also have:
- A minimum of 2 years professional writing or editing experience at a publication or agency.
- A minimum of 2 years experience editing the writing of others.
- A high level of comfort operating in the healthcare space - and the ability to quickly master the unique vocabulary and mindset that is the world of healthcare, medical products and pharma.
- Experience with LMS, CMS, and an aptitude for learning other digital platforms.
Top candidates will also have…
- A background in journalism and robust experience conducting interviews.
- Experience in science or healthcare writing or research writing.
What is it like to work at CovalentCreative?
We’ve built an organization where everyone is passionate about where they work and what they do, and we think the greatest benefit of working at CovalentCreative is the freedom to define your role and the ability to make key decisions that have a direct impact on the success of the company. Of course, we also offer:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Paid Time Off, Sick Time, and Paid Holidays
And some other cool perks…
- Volunteer Time Off
- Flexible scheduling
- Monthly team events
- A casual office environment in the heart of Hillcrest - steps away from Balboa Park