Who are we looking for?
You’re an accomplished Content Specialist with strong writing and editing skills — and you love creating content for a highly technical audience. You will be part of our Agency division, working alongside our account services, marketing, and creative teams to create multi-channel campaigns that deliver to client priorities and goals. We’re looking for someone who is equally comfortable interviewing doctors to craft compelling articles, working with a designer on a top-notch download, or brainstorming messaging ideas with a marketing specialist. You will live and breathe clinical, career, and product and technology-focused content that supports our clients’ goals for reaching today’s optometrists and ophthalmologists and motivating them to action. If you are passionate about working with Clients and creating content that helps them achieve their goals, then read on!
What will you be doing?
Writing, Commissioning, & Editing Content
- Write articles, whitepapers, press releases, and other content while adhering to in-depth legal and copy clearance guidelines.
- Create new content by leveraging existing assets including products brochures, marketing materials, and whitepapers.
- Conduct interviews with doctors and key opinion leaders in the eyecare industry and craft articles from those discussions.
- Commission content from our freelance author network of optometrists and ophthalmologists. Build informative, thorough project briefs that ensure that freelance articles support the overarching strategy. Provide feedback on content and thoroughly edit it for grammar, style, organization, and inclusion of target keywords.
- Meticulously edit content based upon client and MLR feedback by adjusting terminology, auditing and suggesting new source citations, and incorporating approved language or claims into copy as communicated by the Client and their MLR teams
- Conduct SEO and keyword research to craft engaging titles, headlines, and effectively optimize content.
- Collaborate with our design team to create infographics, reports, and other graphics to be leveraged for content pieces.
- Support our in-house Eyes On Eyecare publication team on article projects on an ad-hoc basis.
Content Marketing Strategy & Execution
- Work with the client services team and agency marketing specialist to strategize compelling content marketing campaigns promoting these articles and downloads to ODs and MDs. Develop messaging for these campaigns, with a focus on email, social, and web copy.
- Stay up to date with eyecare industry news, trends and timely topics and use this information to create the best possible content.
- Perform research to verify proper use of medical and technical terms, drug names, and clinical procedures.
- Join the Client Services team on select Client calls to better understand Client needs.
- Effectively strategize content-based initiatives and topics for Client deliverables.
What are the required qualifications?
- 5+ years of full-time content creation experience
- Extensive copywriting and editing/proofing experience and proficiency writing to a high standard of grammatical correctness and clarity
- Experience commissioning and editing content
- Experience crafting blog posts and/or articles
- Experience doing SEO research and implementing on-page SEO tactics in articles
- Experience interviewing individuals and crafting compelling articles and content from those transcripts
- Excellent storytelling and communication skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented and cross-functional environment
Top candidates will also have:
- Experience with content marketing strategies and tactics
- Experience writing copy for healthcare professionals and/or highly technical audiences (e.g., engineers)
- Experience with video scripting
- Experience writing copy for downloads and other marketing collateral
- Experience working for a digital publication
Where are we?
CovalentCreative is a distributed organization whose team members primarily work remotely. We have an office on 5th avenue in Hillcrest, San Diego that you can work from if you choose. It is currently being redeveloped with brand new workstations to allow for anyone to pop in when they choose. Our office space is also home to an incredible in-office studio where we livestream, film education, host interviews, and do product photography!
What is it like to work at CovalentCreative?
We’ve built an organization where everyone is passionate about where they work and what they do, and we think the greatest benefit of working at CovalentCreative is the freedom to define your role and the ability to make key decisions that have a direct impact on the success of the company. Of course, we also offer:
- Paid Health Insurance
- Paid Vision Insurance,
- Paid Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off, Sick Time, and Paid Holidays
And some other cool perks…
- Remote-First: All employees have the choice of working 100% remotely, in our Balboa Park-adjacent office, or a combination.
- Volunteer Time Off
- Flex days
- Monthly team events