Where are we located?
Having an office in the heart of Hillcrest has its perks: walk to local coffee shops and breweries, collaborate with teammates over some of the best spring rolls in San Diego, or take a stroll in Balboa Park! Note: Our team is currently working remotely in accordance with local guidelines.
What does it mean to be a successful Content Strategy Manager for CovalentCareers?
We are looking for an independent, creative, and highly motivated Content Strategy Manager to help us grow our audience, skyrocket our pageviews, create high-ROI client campaigns, and continue to deliver on our brand promise of being a champion for the new graduate.
The Content Strategy Manager will be responsible for leading and expanding our content team to provide SEO and content services for our clients, develop new online publications, and oversee the production of best-in-class written, video, SEO, and multimedia content for eyecare industry professionals. S/he will guide the content map and strategy to generate pageview and user growth in key eyecare verticals.
To succeed in this position, you must be:
- A content guru: Being a kick-a$# Content Strategy Manager is all about generating and promoting viral, out-of-the box, or just plain useful content. If you love brainstorming ideas, crafting compelling messaging, and trying new things, this position is for you.
- Focused on growth: This is a growing department and team and we want someone who wants to shape and guide that growth. You will be expected to keep up with a dynamic environment, learn on the go, and try new things.
- Independent: Our small team relies on people who can roll up their sleeves and Google/hack/problem-solve/research their way out of most any problem. We won’t hesitate to pitch in when you need help, but we also expect that you will only ask for help after taking a stab (or six!) at the problem yourself.
What are the core job duties?
Content Strategy & Campaign Development
- Develop full-scale content marketing strategies that utilize email, social, video, audio, and of course written content
- Collaborate with the Managing Editor to perform advanced SEO analysis and industry listening to create a compelling content calendar
- Work with the Associate Director of Operations and Managing Editor to build and execute an effective content marketing strategy for growing our pageviews and audience in the ophthalmology field
- Work with the Client Services team to build and execute high-ROI content campaigns to support client objectives
- Develop and execute content plans for clients, with a focus on content strategy, content calendar development, and SEO
- Develop new content offerings (e.g., SEO, content mapping, etc.) that we can offer our clients
- Manage a team of 1-3 direct reports by building deep, transparent relationships with your team and helping them grow in their roles
- Carefully track project statuses and deadlines across the team, and update other team members on what’s needed
- Build relationships with and manage KOLs to help us produce industry-leading content—both internal and for clients
Strategy & Reporting
- Operate with a "growth hacker" mentality, and an agile work strategy of build, measure, learn
- Perform weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting to track progress and optimize campaigns
- Track content data and analytics using Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, and Google Sheets and draw conclusions from this data to produce better outcomes
- Work directly with the engineering team and UI/UX Designer to optimize conversion rates and the onsite user experience
- 5+ years of full-time content experience
- 1+ years experience managing a team (at least one full-time employee)
- Experience creating and executing marketing campaigns
- Experience creating email marketing campaigns
- Experience tracking metrics via Google Analytics, Google DataStudio, etc.
Top candidates will also have:
- Agency experience
- Consumer insights experience
- A background or experience in eyecare or creating content for a healthcare professional audience
- Experience creating multimedia content that goes beyond long-form copy
Who will I get to work with?
Our team of 16+ go-getters includes a large marketing and content division. You’ll work closely with all members: our Associate Director of Operations, Managing Editor, Social Media Coordinator, Graphic Designer, UI/UX Designer, and our Client Services team. You will also get to work closely with leading ophthalmologists, optometrists, and our clients—who represent some of the nation’s largest pharmaceutical and medical device companies.
Like what you’ve read so far?
The greatest benefit we offer is the freedom to define your role, and the ability to make key decisions that have a direct impact on the success of the company.
We expect everyone here to work incredibly hard, and we reward people for results. If you've achieved your goals early, then you can go bigger, or take the time to enjoy some of the sweet perks of working here like:
- Generous paid time off and flex-days
- Endless drinks and snacks in the office
- Fully-covered annual team trips
- Team happy hours to celebrate small wins
- Company-wide parties to celebrate big wins
- Audible.com or Kindle membership
- Meetings around Hillcrest and Balboa park
Plus you can expect some pretty great benefits like:
- Health Insurance
- VTO days
- Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Volunteering Time Off
- Standing desks (or sitting desks, if you prefer)