Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an analytical, quick-thinking Copywriter to craft compelling messages that motivate busy eyecare physicians to action. As our first full-time Copywriter, you will have the opportunity to shape the voice of the Eyes On Eyecare brand across digital channels. You will work most closely with our in-house Eyes On team, but may also handle ad hoc messaging or copywriting projects for our agency clients, including some of the world’s largest medical device and pharmaceutical companies. You will actively contribute to the development of new ideas and will create polished, final deliverables whether flying solo or collaborating with other creatives.
What will you be doing?
Digital Marketing Copy
Brand & Message Development
- Craft straightforward, direct copy for an optometrist and/or ophthalmologist audience across multiple digital mediums. Our audience responds to straightforward, no frills language so you must be an expert at crafting copy that can be quickly consumed by a busy doctor, yet still packs a punch and delivers a strong message.
- Write high-performing B2B marketing emails and digital ads, translating complex clinical content into clear value propositions.
- Write landing page copy for Eyes On events, sales/squeeze pages, and more.
- Support content, event, and sales enablement campaigns with creative ideas and timely, on-message execution. Collaborate with marketing, social, and ad specialists, as well as designers, to brainstorm effective promotions and to ensure visual concepts and copy tell a cohesive story.
- Infuse data-driven insights into your copy. Meet regularly with the marketing team to track performance metrics and propose new testing ideas, particularly for email and ad copy.
- Ensure that all copy is flawless by self-editing for grammar, spelling, and tone — often under tight deadlines. At times this may include proofing and editing the work of others.
- Live and breathe eyecare — you’ll need to quickly develop a high level of comfort speaking to optometrists, ophthalmologists, and industry professionals in language that speaks to their unique pain points and matches the direct, straightforward tone they respond to.
- Craft messaging planks for Eyes On events, as well as for the Eyes On brand as a whole. Occasionally, you may also create messaging planks, taglines, and other more conceptual deliverables for clients.
- Enforce and explain brand voice, tone, and digital copywriting best practices to internal stakeholders and the occasional freelancer.
General Marketing Copy
CovalentCreative is a distributed organization whose team members primarily work remotely. We have an office on 5th avenue in Hillcrest, San Diego that you can work from if you choose. It is currently being redeveloped with brand new workstations to allow for anyone to pop in when they choose. Our office space is also home to an incredible in-office studio where we livestream, film education, host interviews, and do product photography!
What is it like to work at CovalentCreative?
We’ve built an organization where everyone is passionate about where they work and what they do, and we think the greatest benefit of working at CovalentCreative is the freedom to define your role and the ability to make key decisions that have a direct impact on the success of the company. Of course, we also offer:
- Paid Health Insurance
- Paid Vision Insurance,
- Paid Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off, Sick Time, and Paid Holidays
And some other cool perks…
- Remote-First: All employees have the choice of working 100% remotely, in our Balboa Park-adjacent office, or a combination.
- Volunteer Time Off
- Flex days
- Monthly team events