What is the job?
The graphic designer will be responsible for creating and organizing digital marketing and other assets for client marketing campaigns. While our organization serves the healthcare industry, we prioritize creative, fun design and our clients come to us to help them break out of the blue-on-blue palettes and stock graphics that are prevalent in most of the industry.
This position isn't about blindly churning out assets, it's about being creative, collaborating with teammates, and trying something new. It's about pitching wild ideas because the only way to be the best is to aim high! We expect the graphic designer to have a fast turn-around time for all graphics while remaining focused on larger projects and always, always innovating.
To succeed in this position, you must be:
- Driven. We’re a small team and every team member has an enormous impact on their co-workers. You must be hungry for excellence, eager to push the envelope, and obsessed about producing the highest-quality work possible.
- Meticulous and organized. You're the type of person whose filing system is neat and organized. You strive to always be organized, efficient, and you understand that brand assets should be maintained and scalable in any medium and that marketing departments have lots of stakeholders that need visibility into your progress.
- A lifelong learner. We are a fast growing company, and with growth comes new challenges. You will be expected to keep up with a dynamic environment and learn on the go. From animated ads to Instagram filters, we are constantly developing new techniques to keep up with the ever-changing world of digital marketing. You must be the type of person who thrives in environments where learning is an everyday thing.
What are the core job duties?
Digital asset production and creation of...
- Digital marketing assets, including banner ads, social media graphics, email graphics, etc.
- Downloadable content, including reports, ebooks, infographics, and charts
- Sales assets like slide decks or sales PDFs
- Film assets including overlays, lower-thirds, and other graphics
- Animated gifs/illustrations
- Web design tasks, mostly involving simple updates to existing pages (e.g., copy, colors) in XD
- Major bonus points for UI/UX wireframing and high-fidelity designs in XD, specifically on a bootstrap 3 grid, so that our engineers can code it all up
- Keep company and agency assets in a meticulously organized shared folder system
Who will you get to work with?
We’ve got a team of 20+ go-getters here at Covalent. You will report directly to our lead Graphic Designer, but will also closely interface with our Marketing Manager, Social Media Coordinator, client services team, and engineering team. You will also get to work with our clients: representing some of the nation’s largest healthcare companies.
- At least 3 years of graphic design experience
- AAS/Bachelors in Arts/Design
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong skills in Adobe Illustrator—if Adobe Illustrator is not your program of choice, then we're 99% sure this position isn't for you
Like what you’ve read so far?
The greatest benefit we offer is the freedom to define your role, and the ability to make key decisions that have a direct impact on the success of the company.
We expect everyone here to work incredibly hard, and we reward people for results. If you've achieved your goals early, then you can go bigger, or take the time to enjoy some of the sweet perks of working here like:
- Generous paid time off and flex-days
- Endless drinks and snacks in the office
- Team happy hours to celebrate small wins
- Company-wide parties to celebrate big wins
- Audible.com or Kindle membership
- Meetings around Hillcrest and Balboa park
Plus you can expect some pretty great benefits like:
- Health Insurance (including vision and dental)
- Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Volunteering Time Off