What does it mean to be a successful Jr. Full-Stack Web Developer for CovalentCareers?
CovalentCareers is looking for a motivated Junior Full-stack Web Developer who wants to be a big part of a small team in a stimulating start-up environment. You’ll have the opportunity to learn, design, build, and grow as you improve the lives of healthcare professionals around the world. This position offers opportunities for growth (and fun) in a unique environment where your work will make an immediate impact!
Breakdown of responsibilities:
- Front-end development: 50%
- QA/Testing: 30%
- Back-end development: 10%
What are the top 3 must-have qualities for our Jr. Developer?
- Analytical Thinker. You are the type of person with a passion for puzzles and a hunger for solving them. Every new challenge that you face is met with a drive to overcome it.
- Flexibility. The smaller the team, the larger the role you'll have in your department. Every action taken has a direct impact on the day-to-day operations of the company, and needs arise across several platforms and departments that might require some tweaking. A little clean up here, a few page refreshes there, and then a complete overhaul of a department's software. Just another day at the office.
- Passionate People Person. Our product and our company is here for the people we serve. This means being able to take in feedback from both our users and our team to ensure that CovalentCareers provides such an amazing experience they'll shout "Wow, look at this beautiful and effective website!" to all of their friends. Well, ideally it'll be a bit more natural than that, but you get it.
What are the core job duties?
This is a full-stack development opportunity with a front-end emphasis.
- Translate wireframes into clean HTML/CSS that is cross-browser compatible and mobile-responsive
- Develop dynamic front-end interfaces with CRUD functionality
- Perform automated and manual testing/QA for web apps and third-party integrations
- Identify and eliminate technical debt by refactoring legacy code
- Maintain, extend, and scale existing web apps
- Back-end: Python, Django, Postgres, Wagtail CMS
- Other: Git, AWS EC2/RDS, Webpack
- 1-3 years of experience as a full-stack web developer
- 1-3 years of experience with ReactJS, Angular, VueJS, or a similar JS framework
- 1-3 years of experience designing, building, and maintaining REST APIs
- Open-source projects available for review on Github, or willingness to complete a short, take-home coding challenge (flat-rate compensation available)
- Rock-solid organizational skills and comfort handling multiple projects at once
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or equivalent experience
Who will I get to work with?
We’ve got a team of 16 (and growing!) go-getters here at CovalentCareers. You’ll work most closely with our dev team: our CTO and Full-stack Engineer. You will also get to work closely with our client services and marketing teams.
Like what you’ve read so far?
The greatest benefit we offer is the freedom to define your role, and the ability to make key decisions that have a direct impact on the success of the company.
We expect everyone here to work incredibly hard, and we reward people for results. If you've achieved your goals early, then you can go bigger, or take the time to enjoy some of the sweet perks of working here like:
- Generous paid time off and flex-days
- Endless drinks and snacks in the office
- Team happy hours to celebrate small wins
- Company-wide parties to celebrate big wins
- Audible.com or Kindle membership
- Meetings around Hillcrest and Balboa park
Plus you can expect some pretty great benefits like:
- Health Insurance
- VTO days
- Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Volunteering Time Off
- Standing desks (or sitting desks, if you prefer)