Who are we?
Join one of California’s fastest growing marketing & media companies in the healthcare space, located right in the heart of Hillcrest in San Diego!
Our user base consists of healthcare professionals and healthcare employers across the U.S. and is fueled by a suite of online media tailored specifically for new graduates in eyecare and allied health fields.
Our purpose as a company is to empower new healthcare professionals to create happy and successful careers, and we're achieving this every day through world-class technology, marketing, and talent acquisition solutions.
Where are we?
Having an office in the heart of Hillcrest has its perks: walk to local coffee shops and breweries, collaborate with teammates over some of the best fish tacos in San Diego, or take a stroll right over to Balboa Park!
What does it mean to be a Marketing Coordinator for CovalentCareers?
The Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for leading content marketing and brand marketing along with supporting product marketing in order to build a robust candidate and employer pipeline for CovalentCareers recruiting and sales teams.
This position is for someone who wants to work in a fast paced environment with the ability to grow and advance in this position extremely fast. If you are tired of routine and doing the same day-to-day tasks, or perhaps your upward mobility in your current position is limiting the ability to advance in your career - keep reading.
We are looking specifically for someone that has experience with and possesses the following core skills:
- Creative marketing
- Project management
- Inbound marketing with a focus on content
- Organization of many moving pieces
We're looking for someone who loves strategizing, developing and launching inbound marketing campaigns and has a beaming grin on their face when they see the number of downloads or views on these campaigns. This position isn't about blindly churning out assets, it's about being creative and helping CovalentCareers members and readers. It's about pitching wild ideas because the only way to be the best is to aim high!
What are the core job duties?
Inbound & Content Marketing:
- Strategize, develop, and release 4-8 inbound marketing campaigns per month
- work with our CMO to develop full scale marketing campaigns that utilize social, video, ebooks, audio, photography, and of course written content
- work with independent writers (industry influencers) to help create the best inbound content possible
- work with our graphic designer to create amazing images and designs that tell the story you want to communicate and leverage these designs in a variety of different channels
- perform advanced SEO analysis on an ongoing basis to better construct inbound campaigns and content that converts users
- Collaborate with the marketing team to use our in-house film studio to plan and execute all video media production for our inbound campaigns, which can involve creating storyboards, dictating the flow of film, handling edits and revisions with our editor, exporting the right files to a variety of platforms that match the channel, medium, size, and demographic of that platform (no need to have film production or post-production skills as we have that handled)
Strategy & Reporting:
- perform weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting to help brief the team and the CMO on your project pipeline
- present your reports in marketing meetings and company-wide meetings
- maintain your own budget and spend it in the best way you see possible to improve our top 5 marketing KPIs
- track content data and analytics using Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, Supermetrics, and Google Sheets and draw conclusions from this data to produce better outcomes
- strategize, develop, and release all organic social content on Facebook and Instagram (stories and feed posts) to build brand equity and share of voice
- focus strategically on Instagram and working with paid influencers to deliver sticky messaging through content that is exciting and draws engagement and DMs
- manage all paid social campaigns that are associated with your inbound marketing campaigns
- coordinate monthly newsletters with highest possible open and click rates
- construct emails to a variety of demographics in our database using Hubspot
- operate with a "growth hacker" mentality, and an agile work strategy of build, measure, learn
- in tandem with our designer, strategize, develop, and release native banner ads, retargeting ads, and paid social ads along with testing new creatives
- communicate with the sales and recruiting department to understand how our marketing efforts are supporting or not supporting their goals
- develop creative ideas, new initiatives, and new marketing strategies that push the boundaries of innovation on what CovalentCareers can offer new and existing users
- support our Client Services team (enterprise clients) from time-to-time when they need support
Who will I get to work with?
At the time of writing this, we’ve got 15 people here at CovalentCareers and will be at 18-ish by the end of 2019. You’ll get to work with everyone, but most closely with our CMO, Marketing Coordinator, Associate Director of Enterprise Marketing, Graphic Designer, and Associate Editor. You’ll report directly to our CMO for high-level tasks and strategy but you’ll spend your day-to-days working with our other Marketing Coordinator. You’ll get to work with tons of industry influencers and with a cinematography team as well.
- Bachelor's Degree
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a full-time marketing role
- Amazing organizational skills and attention to detail
- Incredible work ethic and strong motivation for career growth and advancement
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and maintain a sense of urgency
Like what you’ve read so far?
The greatest benefit we offer is the freedom to define your role, and the ability to make key decisions that have a direct impact on the success of the company.
We expect everyone here to work incredibly hard, and we reward people for results. If you've achieved your goals early, then you can go bigger, or take the time to enjoy some of the sweet perks of working here like:
- Generous paid time off and flex-days
- Endless drinks and snacks in the office
- Fully-covered annual team trips
- Team happy hours to celebrate small wins
- Company-wide parties to celebrate big wins
- Audible.com or Kindle membership
- Quarterly team social events and frequent happy hours
- Meetings around Hillcrest and Balboa park
Plus you can expect some pretty great benefits like:
- Health Insurance
- VTO days
- Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Volunteering Time Off
- Rad welcome package
- Standing desks (or sitting desks, if you prefer)