What does it mean to be a successful Marketing Manager for CovalentCreative?
We are looking for a well-rounded, independent, and highly motivated Marketing Manager to lead innovative content marketing campaigns from strategy through to execution, expand into the ophthalmology market, ensure the audience journey is being considered, and deliver maximum leads and impressions for client campaigns which are typically run on our owned channels. They will work closely with CovalentCreative’s Managing Editor and Social Media Coordinator to craft and execute an SEO- and industry-informed content calendar and will lead and execute the marketing tactics used to generate pageview and user growth.
This position is for a marketing professional with a love of content marketing and hands-on experience across all digital channels (email, paid ads, social, etc.). This job is for someone who wants to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to grow and advance in this position extremely quickly. If you are tired of routine and doing the same day-to-day tasks, or perhaps your upward mobility in your current position is limiting the ability to advance in your career, keep reading.
We are looking specifically for someone who has experience with and possesses the following core skills:
- Inbound marketing strategy and tactics
- Content marketing
- Audience journey and/or content mapping
- Project management
- Management of teams
What are the core job duties?
Marketing Campaign Oversight & Execution
- Work with the Associate Director of Operations to: 1) optimize existing content marketing processes and overarching strategies; 2) strategize marketing campaigns promoting virtual events; 3) strategize ongoing sales enablement support campaigns
- Work with the Client Services team to build and execute high-ROI marketing campaigns to support client objectives—with the majority of those campaigns centering on content promotion
- Lead the execution and ongoing optimization of all marketing tactics identified at the strategy phase, with the majority of campaigns focused on marketing organic and client content to our owned audience of optometrists and ophthalmologists. Core channels include (but are not limited to!):
- Display advertising
- Paid social
- Organic social media (led by our Social Media Coordinator)
Audience Journey & Content Mapping
- Review the current touch-points for our 40,000-person audience of eyecare professionals and recommend adjustments where needed
- Collaborate with the Managing Editor and Social Media Coordinator to create a compelling content calendar across CovalentCareers.com and our social media channels and extending months into the future
- Spearhead the development of audience personas, both in the optometry and ophthalmology field
Growth of Ophthalmology Audience
- Build and execute an effective content marketing strategy for growing our pageviews and audience in the ophthalmology field
- Lead inbound campaigns, media buys, partnerships, and other tactics to help us build our audience in this field
- Manage a team of 1-3 direct reports by building deep, transparent relationships with your team and helping them grow in their roles
- Carefully track project statuses and deadlines across the team, and update other team members on what’s needed
- Build relationships with and manage KOLs to help us produce industry-leading content—both internal and for clients
Optimization & Reporting
- Operate with a "growth hacker" mentality, and an agile work strategy of build, measure, learn
- Perform weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting to track progress and optimize campaigns
- Track data and analytics using Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, and Google Sheets and draw conclusions from this data to produce better outcomes
- Work directly with the engineering team and UI/UX Designer to optimize conversion rates and the onsite user experience
Where are we?
Having an office in the heart of Hillcrest has its perks: walk to local coffee shops and breweries, collaborate with teammates over some of the best spring rolls in San Diego, or take a stroll in Balboa Park! (Please note: We are currently maintaining a remote work policy following San Diego County guidelines.)
Who will you get to work with?
Our team of 20 go-getters includes a large marketing and content division. You’ll work closely with all members: our Associate Director of Operations (who you will report to), Managing Editor, Social Media Coordinator, Graphic Designer, UI/UX Designer, and our Client Services team. You will also get to work closely with leading ophthalmologists, optometrists, and our clients—who represent some of the nation’s largest pharmaceutical and medical device companies.
- 5+ years of full-time B2B marketing experience
- 1+ years experience managing at least one full-time employee (conducting one-on-ones, reviews, etc.)
- Strong content marketing experience
- Strong email marketing skills, including comfort copywriting emails
- Experience running advertising campaigns (paid social, YouTube, retargeting)
- Experience tracking metrics via Google Analytics, Google DataStudio, etc.
Top candidates will also have . . .
- A background or experience marketing to a healthcare professional audience
- Experience mapping content plans involving blogs and social media
- Experience developing audience personas
- Experience creating film content
- Experience working within a media agency model
Like what you’ve read so far?
The greatest benefit we offer is the freedom to define your role, and the ability to make key decisions that have a direct impact on the success of the company.
We expect everyone here to work incredibly hard, and we reward people for results. If you've achieved your goals early, then you can go bigger, or take the time to enjoy some of the sweet perks of working here like:
- Generous paid time off and flex-days
- Endless drinks and snacks in the office
- Fully-covered annual team trips
- Team happy hours to celebrate small wins
- Company-wide parties to celebrate big wins
- Audible.com or Kindle membership
- Meetings around Hillcrest and Balboa park
Plus you can expect some pretty great benefits like:
- Health Insurance - including vision and dental
- VTO days
- Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Volunteering Time Off
- Standing desks (or sitting desks, if you prefer)