Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a savvy Senior Marketing Manager to lead and execute brand, content, event, and product marketing campaigns. These campaigns will all promote our Eyes On Eyecare brand, seeking to grow awareness and engagement among optometrists and ophthalmologists. You will consult with the Director of Marketing on brand and campaign strategy and will lead, mentor, and manage a small team of marketing and creative professionals to carry out campaigns, guiding tactical execution and optimizing performance. You will also have access to a small pool of creatives, software engineers, and marketing specialists. If your upward mobility in your current position is limiting the ability to advance in your career, or if you relish the challenge of leading a smart, hungry team to new heights, then keep reading!
What will you be doing?
Marketing Campaign Strategy & Execution
- Plan, launch, and measure multi-channel digital marketing campaigns with a focus on email, organic social, partner, and paid advertising channels. Guide digital marketing, social media, and creative specialists to ensure that all campaign deliverables are creative, well-executed, and support the overarching strategy.
- Collaborate with the Eyes On Eyecare publication team to brainstorm and execute innovative ways to generate traffic and leads via the eyesoneyecare.com website and gated content. Spearhead successful content marketing campaigns that drive page views, downloads, and brand equity for the publication.
- Lead marketing campaigns for 4-5 annual Eyes On events, collaborating with the Director of Marketing on the overall campaign strategy and successfully implementing all campaign tactics with a team of specialists.
- Build awareness of the Eyes On Eyecare and CovalentCreative brands through marketing campaigns, PR, giveaways/swag, and more.
- Manage lists, audiences, and segmentation strategies via our HubSpot database and advertising platforms to ensure that we are reaching the most relevant audience possible with every digital ad and email.
- Manage a small funnel of sales enablement campaign tactics for our talent acquisition products (a self-serve job board and recruiting), aimed at driving leads for our sales and recruiting teams.
- Strategize with our leadership team on the development and go-to-market tactics for new products and services.
Management & Mentorship
Optimization & Reporting
- Manage and mentor a small team of 2-3 direct reports, including a digital marketing specialist and social media coordinator. Handle quarterly and annual reviews, provide daily feedback on deliverables, and proactively address any issues.
- Collaborate with the CovalentCreative agency team as needed to offer marketing guidance and additional support.
- Consult with the Director of Marketing on campaign strategy and support the building of strategic plans with in-depth reporting and analysis. Operate with a "growth hacker" mentality, and an agile work strategy of build, measure, learn.
- Perform weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting to track progress and optimize campaigns.
- Track data and analytics using Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, Mixpanel, and Google Sheets and draw conclusions from this data to produce better outcomes.
What are the required qualifications?
- 5+ years of full-time B2B marketing experience
- 2+ years of experience leading a team of marketing and/or creative specialists, ideally with direct, full-time reports
- Extensive experience spearheading digital marketing campaigns that utilize a variety of organic and paid tactics, with an emphasis on content, email, organic social, and paid advertising
- Strong technical skills, with experience tracking metrics via Google Analytics, Google DataStudio, Mixpanel, etc. and working within complex project management software
- Strong organizational skills, with high attention to detail and the ability to juggle multiple projects at once
- Comfortable collaborating and working autonomously
- Proficient at verbal and written forms of communication
Top candidates will also have:
- A background or experience writing copy for healthcare professionals and/or highly technical audiences
- Content marketing experience
- Event marketing experience
- Experience working at or with creative or digital marketing agencies
- Experience working with HubSpot, ClickUp, and the Google suite of products
Where are we?
CovalentCreative is a distributed organization whose team members primarily work remotely. We have an office on 5th Avenue in Hillcrest, San Diego that you can work from if you choose. It is currently being redeveloped with brand new workstations to allow for anyone to pop in when they choose. Our office space is also home to an incredible in-office studio where we livestream, film education, host interviews, and do product photography!
What is it like to work at CovalentCreative?
We’ve built an organization where everyone is passionate about where they work and what they do, and we think the greatest benefit of working at CovalentCreative is the freedom to define your role and the ability to make key decisions that have a direct impact on the success of the company. Of course, we also offer:
- Paid Health Insurance
- Paid Vision Insurance,
- Paid Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off, Sick Time, and Paid Holidays
And some other cool perks…
- Remote-First: All employees have the choice of working 100% remotely, in our Balboa Park-adjacent office, or a combination.
- Volunteer Time Off
- Flex days
- Monthly team events