We’re hiring a full-time Talent Acquisition Specialist / HR Generalist here at CovalentCreative to help with general HR responsibilities but mostly to help build an absolutely kick ass pipeline and roster of team members. Over the next 12 months we plan to bring on anywhere from 5-10 new team members and we understand how important it is to invest in the talent acquisition process from end-to-end. That means recruitment marketing, sourcing, interviewing, onboarding, and organizational development.
You will report directly to our COO, but will also work closely with our General Council.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work independently, run and manage our people systems, and also build the fundamental groundwork for scaling our HR team.
Who are we and what's our culture like?
We’ve got a team of 20+ go-getters here at CovalentCreative. Our background is a little confusing if you search for us on Google. That's because we're in the middle of a large brand update set to roll out in Q4.
Our mission is to provide eyecare organizations with unforgettable marketing solutions that keep their company top of mind with the next generation of buyers and prescribers. We've been fulfilling this mission for over five years with leading clients like Johnson & Johnson, Carl Zeiss, and many notable pharmaceutical companies.
You can check out our company Core Values on our about page. Here's some additional background on the type of amazing culture we're developing.
- A culture of passionate, elite players, with a strong work ethic that never settle for average.
- A culture of individuals who challenge each other to get outside of their comfort zone.
- A culture of individuals who create value to receive value.
- A culture of individual who understand their word is bond and that have each others' back.
We are looking for a rockstar—someone who can find a win anywhere, who defines themselves as a go-getter, and who can see a goal ahead and blow it out of the water. We want someone on our team who walks in every morning with a passion for catapulting their career and the company forward.
Core Job Duties
- Examine, audit, and suggest updates to our to our sourcing, recruiting, interviewing, and onboarding process
- Work with department managers to recruit for open positions
- Build a pipeline of candidates for potential future positions
- Manage relationships with a pipeline of candidates to ensure key roles always have viable candidates
- Manage the onboarding experience for all internal employees
- Develop relationships with local colleges and universities and attend local career fairs
- Work with leadership and legal to explore the pros and cons of an internship program
- Manage and administer benefits system for all internal employees
- Assess current and new benefits programs to ensure the organization remains competitive
- Build out new internal training and operations documents along with keeping things organized
- Work with legal to keep internal policies updated
- Work with legal to ensure the company maintains local and federal employment compliance
- Maintain a company party and activities budget and help plan fun stuff for the team
- Support managers for birthday and anniversary activities
- Manage and run payroll for all employees
- Perform administrative / record-keeping tasks for internal HR processes
Top candidates will also have . . .
- 5+ years of experience in human resources
- A background or experience working with or at marketing agencies
- Experience with Gusto or Lattice (our HRIS systems)
Like what you’ve read so far?
The greatest benefit we offer is the freedom to define your role and ability to make key decisions that have a direct impact on the success of the company.
We expect everyone here to work incredibly hard, and we reward people for results. If you've achieved your goals early then you can go bigger, or take the time to enjoy some of the sweet perks of working here like:
- Generous paid time off and flex-days
- Endless drinks and snacks in the office
- Team happy hours to celebrate small wins
- Company-wide parties to celebrate big wins
- Audible.com or Kindle membership
- Monthly team bonding events
Plus you can expect some pretty great benefits like:
- Health Insurance (medical, vision, dental)
- Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Volunteering Time Off
- Standing desks (or sitting desks, if you prefer)