Where are we located?
Having an office in the heart of Hillcrest has its perks: walk to local coffee shops and breweries, collaborate with teammates over some of the best spring rolls in San Diego, or take a stroll in Balboa Park! Note: Our team is currently working remotely in accordance with local guidelines.
What does it mean to be a successful UI/UX designer for CovalentCareers?
CovalentCareers works with many of the largest eyecare companies to produce industry-leading content, media, and immersive virtual experiences.
Our agency division is growing—fast—and we are looking for an independent, efficient, and highly motivated UI/UX Designer to help us wow our clients and, ultimately, earn more business.
The UI/UX Designer will be responsible for working directly with clients and our internal team to strategize and create wireframes, webpages, and other technical assets for marketing campaigns and virtual events.
What are the core job duties?
Client communication and management
- Gather and evaluate project requirements in collaboration with sales, marketing, and engineers
- Attend calls with agency clients to understand project specifications and ask clarifying questions to ensure designs meet client goals
- Manage and update designs and code as new changes or revisions come in from the client
- Develop and maintain mockups/prototypes/wireframes that clearly illustrate the structure, functionality, design, and information architecture of digital products
- Design and optimize digital assets to increase goal conversion rates while supporting an enjoyable and intuitive user experience
- Design user interface elements like navigation, informational components, marketing elements, inputs/forms, CTAs (call-to-action), menus, and more
- Maintain component libraries of design elements on a client-by-client basis
- Incorporate existing visual and brand elements into designs
- Code mobile-responsive static pages using HTML/CSS + Bootstrap
Research and testing
- Conduct basic user testing and translate insights into design decisions
- Audit existing digital assets to identify opportunities for UI/UX improvement
- 5+ years of experience as a UI/UX designer or similar role
- Ability to code basic HTML/CSS static pages is strongly preferred
- Experience with wireframe software (e.g. Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD)
- Strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders in all levels of the client organization and internal team
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple milestones and projects efficiently
Who will I get to work with?
We’ve got a team of 15 go-getters here at CovalentCareers. You’ll work most closely with our dev team: our CTO and Junior Full-stack Engineer. You will also get to work closely with our client services and marketing teams, as well as our clients: representing some of the nation’s largest eyecare companies.
Like what you’ve read so far?
The greatest benefit we offer is the freedom to define your role, and the ability to make key decisions that have a direct impact on the success of the company.
We expect everyone here to work incredibly hard, and we reward people for results. If you've achieved your goals early, then you can go bigger, or take the time to enjoy some of the sweet perks of working here like:
- Generous paid time off and flex-days
- Endless drinks and snacks in the office
- Team happy hours to celebrate small wins
- Company-wide parties to celebrate big wins
- Audible.com or Kindle membership
- Meetings around Hillcrest and Balboa park
Plus you can expect some pretty great benefits like:
- Health Insurance
- VTO days
- Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Volunteering Time Off
- Standing desks (or sitting desks, if you prefer)